Head off the beaten track with your own camping staff and equipment.
This is a real safari for anyone ready for adventure!
On this camping tour you'll explore the hills of Mount Kenya, the arid semi-desert of Samburu, the lush rain forests of Mount Elgon and Kakamega, the rolling savannah of the Masai Mara and the stunning Rift Valley Lakes.
A combination of walks, game drives and village visits ensure an excellent introduction to Kenya's many faces!
Identifying animal tracks on a game walk.
- Day One: Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta Airport in Nairobi, Kenya.
Met and introduced to our driver/guide and camp staff. Your truck is already packed; head off for Sagana, a campsite near the Tana River in Mount Kenya's valleys.
Set up camp in time for a light lunch and spend the afternoon at leisure or white water rafting the river (if water levels allow). Safari briefing by the campfire, dinner and overnight at the campsite.
- Day Two: Break camp before breakfast and depart for the Samburu National Reserve in Northern Kenya. Set up camp by the Uaso Nyiro River, the main water source in this arid area.
- Day Three: Spend the full day exploring this wonderful reserve.
- Day Four: Take an early start, driving through Samburu into the Rift Valley to Lake Baringo. Set up camp in a Tortillis tree acacia glade. In the afternoon take a walk along the cliff edges that surround the lake.
- Day Five: Enjoy a boat ride on the lake to see the water based animals such as hippo, crocodiles and fish eagles. Lunch at the campsite before an afternoon at leisure or a walk to the local fishing village.
- Day Six: An early breakfast then drive via the Kerio Valley, through the fertile upcountry farmlands to the Mount Elgon National Park, famous for its salt mining elephant, caves and lush forests.
- Day Seven: Depart for Saiwa Swamp and a walking safari in search of the rare Sitatunga antelope. Return to Mount Elgon for a late breakfast. After lunch, explore the caves and watch for animals on foot.
- Day Eight: After breakfast, depart for Kakamega town to replenish vegetables and head to the Kakamega Tropical Rain Forest. Set up camp and have lunch before a guided nature walk of the forest.
- Day Nine: Depart south for the famous Masai Mara with a picnic lunch en-route. Arrive late afternoon and overnight at the campsite in the Masai Mara.
- Days Ten-Eleven: Spend two full days exploring this fabulous game reserve. Visit a Masai village for cultural insights and explore the reserve on foot as well as by vehicle.
- Day Twelve: After breakfast, drive to Lake Naivasha in the Rift Valley. Arrive for lunch, a visit to the conservation area at Elsamere and a late afternoon boat ride on the lake.
- Day Thirteen: After breakfast, drive to Lake Nakuru for a full day of exploring this bird and rhino sanctuary. Picnic lunch and late afternoon return to the Lake Naivasha campsite for dinner and overnight.
- Day Fourteen: Return to Nairobi, overnight at a two star hotel. Lunch and dinner on your own.
- Day Fifteen: Full day sight seeing in Nairobi, including a city tour, Nairobi museum and snake farm. Transfer to Nairobi airport for your international return flight.
For more information on this safari or others like it, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.