This safari itinerary was designed for a family in which the parents had spent time growing up in East Africa.
They now wished to bring their own children back to explore some of the areas that they themselves had enjoyed as child.
The itinerary was put together over a period of two months, with discussions about various areas, the animals, the landscapes, the activities as well as the budget!
Eventually we arrived with the itinerary below which explores the Mountain rivers and forests of Mount Kenya, the dry, arid wilderness of the Laikipia Samburu region, the desert and fossil area of Lake Turkana, the lush green forests of Mount Elgon and the hustle and bustle of a small border trading town at Kitale.
Special encounters with the animals.
- Day One: Overnight at Macushla House, a delightful bed and breakfast home-style hotel in Nairobi.
- Day Two: Collection from Macushla House and driven to Naro Moro River Lodge, near Mount Kenya. Enjoy trout fishing in the afternoon. Overnight at Naro Moro. Lodge. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included at the lodge.
- Day Three: Breakfast at the lodge and then full day hiking on Mount Kenya with picnic lunch, dinner and overnight back at the Lodge.
- Day Four: Breakfast at the lodge and transfer to Nanyuki airstrip at 9am. Fly to Loisaba Lodge in the Laikipia area of the Northern District.
Enjoy lunch, afternoon activities, such as game walks, game drives, white water rafting, horseback riding and camel treks. Dinner and overnight at Loisaba Lodge.
- Day Five: Daily activities, all meals and overnight at Loisaba Starbed, a personal wooden platform built out under the African stars.
- Day Six: Daily activities, all meals and overnight at Loisaba Starbed.
- Day Seven: Daily activities, all meals and overnight at Loisaba Lodge.
- Days Eight to Ten: Charter flight to Loyengalani, at Lake Turkana at 9am. Overnight at Oasis Lodge. Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the lodge each day. Lake fishing and geode hunt charges and visits to the fossil sites are just a few of the activities here.
- Day Eleven: Charter flight to Kitale, Western Kenya, at 9am. Collected and driven to private camp on Mount Elgon. All activities, meals and overnight at Camp.
- Days Twelve and Thirteen: Overnight at the private camp and explore Mount Elgon with its bamboo forests, caves and moors nearer the summit.
- Day Fourteen: Transfer to Kitale Club, overnight accommodation and breakfast at Kitale Club.
- Day Fifteen: Overnight accommodation and breakfast at Kitale Club.
- Day Sixteen: Breakfast at Kitale Club before your transfer to Eldoret Airport and flight to Nairobi to meet the International departure flight.
For more information on this safari or others like it, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.